Still trying to wrap your head around intellectual property? The following video game IP resources are provided for your use. Please keep in mind that all articles and publications are for informational purposes only, and are not intended as legal advice. Always consult an attorney with fact-specific questions if you have a scenario in mind with which you need assistance. Ross Dannenberg can be reached at (202) 824-3153, or rdannenberg (at) bannerwitcoff (dot) com if you would like to discuss a specific topic.
- The American Bar Association’s Legal Guide to Video Game Development, 2d Ed., Ross Dannenberg (Editor and Principal Author), available for purchase at the ABA web store. Contributors include Scott Kelly, Binal Patel, Shawn Gorman, Andy Mu, Rajit Kapur, and Maurine Knutsson.
- Computer Games and Virtual Worlds: A New Frontier of Intellectual Property Law (available for purchase from the American Bar Association web site), with editing and contributions by Ross Dannenberg, Steve Chang, and Anna King (Second Edition coming Fall 2018).
- IP Rights in Virtual Worlds, by Ross Dannenberg
- Hey, That’s MY Game! IP Protection for Video Games, by Ross Dannenberg & Steve Chang
- Film Sanitization, by Ross Dannenberg
- The Vital Role of Patent Law in the Gaming Industry, by Steve Chang
- Top Ten [types of] Video Game Patents, by Ross Dannenberg & Steve Chang
- Copyright Preregistration of Video Games, by Marc Cooperman & Michael Krashin
- Patent Mythconceptions, by Ross Dannenberg & Steve Chang
- Preserving Patent Rights, by Ross Dannenberg
- IP Primer, by Ross Dannenberg & Jordan Bodner